Physical

💚💚💚 

My initial thought was that I was often very unconfident about my own body, but my friends always encouraged me or complimented me, and when I said I was fat or ugly or unconfident about myself they would get very angry because they thought I shouldn't be so unaware of my beauty. 

Sometimes this does not mean beauty in the secular sense, but when we look at ourselves we may not be able to recognize that we have a unique beauty, instead our unique beauty is always found by others. For example, you have always felt that a certain part of your body is just fine or even ugly, but one day you will find that someone around you likes this part of your body and give you compliments. 

Then you may also slowly fall in love with this part of your body, and sometimes this works very well. Sometimes, you will also find that it takes a long time to find out your friends' special sense of beauty. They just seemingly blend in with the surrounding environment out of a sudden someday, like a very harmonious painting. Therefore, at this point, I will not spare my compliments every time to tell them the beauty that even they do not necessarily realize.




Our generation always seems to favor people who look more confident, or at least I do. I used to be a very unconfident person, but now I have a lot of people saying I look very confident, and more and more people like me. But I don't know if that has anything to do with the changes in my body, or if it's because I look confident. 

It makes me question, do I look confident because I'm starting to love my body more. Because my body is not as slim as it was in high school and my skin is not as good as it used to be. But I love myself more than I did then, and I'm more confident than I was then because I think the change is because my friend and I both took the time to discover beauty in each other that we didn't know we had. 



So I took this set of photos to show people that there is beauty that takes time to discover. Moreover, I think photography takes a lot of time, it helps photographers to discover the beauty in their subjects, a process that is similar to discovering the unknown beauty of people of you in life.

Media, by altering the environment, evoke in us unique rations of sense perceptions. The extension of any one sense alters the way we think and act the way we perceive the world. -- Marshall Mcluhan. 


https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAqftp


Model: Caleb D. Guider

Josue Koenig


💚💚💚 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's just a jam bruh